[talk-au] Great Western Highway relation question

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Thu Sep 24 13:12:55 BST 2009

I recently added a relation for the Great Western Highway (Bathurst to
Lapstone), and extended the existing NR32 relation to Lapstone
(stopping where NR32/Great Western Highway becomes M4/Western
Motorway). The Great Western Highway does continue further, although
there is a break between the end at the Motorway and the bottom of
Mitchell's Pass. I was wondering whether the Great Western Highway
relation should continue from Mitchell's pass to Sydney, or whether it
should be a separate relation? My thought is that it should be a
separate relation (or just left as it is), as there is no way to drive
between the two ends of the break at Lapstone.  Anyone have any
thoughts on this?

The relations are:
NR32: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/207581
Great Western Highway: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/254498

Mark P.
"They offered to transport me back to any point in history that I
would care to
  go, and so I had them send me back to last Thursday night, so I
could pay my
  phone bill on time."
  (Weird Al Yankovic, "Everything You Know Is Wrong")