[talk-au] More on the survey tag

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 23:06:03 BST 2009

I had never really thought of this before, but land traveller and
mariner have quite different concepts of what it means to reach 'the
coast'.  For the former it is when you get your feet wet, for the
latter it is when you run into something.  And there are places where
there is quite a gap between the two.

Given that OSM is a land-based project, the mean high water mark is
probably might be the best to use.

jim

--
Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~