[talk-au] Our own satellite imagery?

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Sun Sep 27 04:53:05 BST 2009

> From this website:
>
> http://www.skyshipsremote.com/airships.htm
>
> UK based company says in the UK there is an altitude limitation of
> 400ft (~130m) for UAV aircraft, not sure if the same is true in
> Australia though. If it is we can probably still cope with this via
> fish eye lenses like the camera at the bottom of this page:

Applicable AU rules:

http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_91039

One way to go about capturing the images:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Webcam-HOWTO/

I had set up something along these lines with lat/long encoded onto it but found the resolution of the camera too low.

With some of the new 10M pixels webcams it may fix that.

--
Cheers
Ross