[talk-au] Missing Motorway names

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 00:30:57 BST 2010

On 10 April 2010 09:22, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> As you might have noticed, in brackets there was a phrase 'and the rest
> of the world', meaning 'not in the US'.  Can you point to any definition
> that freeway implies toll-free?  The wiki page I referrenced seems to
> disagree.

I was talking specifically about NSW, you have the F3, the part of the
pacific highway from Sydney to Newcastle, the F6 between Sydney and
Wollongong, and the M5 goes from South West Motorway to the South West
Freeway after the toll booths... I can't think of any other examples
off the top of my head.

> So, in other words, they ARE moving towards the scheme?  Im sure I
> remember seeing a linked article here the other day about roadnames
> changing to a lettered scheme.

The different states are at various stages, and some aren't even
changing. As far as I'm aware most of NSW hasn't changed for the most
part.