[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Sat Apr 24 15:33:25 BST 2010

Hi All,

I know I'm probably preaching to the converted but...

I've been having a look at tagwatch and have noticed a massive increase in the number of mini roundabouts, in the past couple of months.

Mind you I've replaced about 800 of them over the last week or too.

Any way one example is this:

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.654749,153.059552&z=20&t=k

This is definitely not a mini_roundabout even if we had such in Australia which has previously been agreed we don't have them.

I've also notice mini_roundabouts being used for this:

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.651116,153.059909&z=20&t=k

This is highway=turning_circle not a mini_roundabout.

Also I've found mini_roundabouts for this:

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.67619,153.16911&z=20&t=k

I'd suggest this should be traffic_calming=island

The trafffic_calming=island and highway=turning_circle can not be roundabouts as the roundabout road rules do not apply here, even when the turning circle has a centre island.

So all make sure you are really clear on how a roundabout is entered (see the wiki) and what a roundabout is and is not.

--
Ross