[talk-au] Mobile phone towers

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Sun Apr 25 02:55:46 BST 2010

On 25/04/10 12:13, Ross Scanlon wrote:

> The other items I've been noticing in tagwatch are:
>
> Go CArt Track=monument
> Communications Tower=Optus, Telstra, etc
>

> These are just a couple of examples but there are/were a number of others, I've fixed some of them.
>
> They are never going to be shown on a map because of how the renderers work.

On the topic of mobile phone towers (Base Transceiver Stations), I've
been busy tagging them as amenity=bts and sometimes as operator=Telstra
etc (where known).

In doing this, I'm following a proposal under discussion since there
seems no more accurate way of tagging them.

I intend finding them again and fixing them if the consensus on tagging
goes some other way.

John H