[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Mon Apr 26 02:02:53 BST 2010

> Can I suggest a sentence from this document?: ..."or centreline traffic
> islands that narrow traffic lanes to control traffic and reduce
> pedestrian crossing distances. Also called “chokers”."
> There is a preset for a traffic_calming=choker in JOSM. It doesn't roll
> off the tongue that well, because this is only the second time I've
> heard the term (the first was in one of Steve Coast's video tutes I
> think), and it's not commonly used here.
> I am new here however, and it may only make sense to me because I
> haven't been privy to previous discussions or thoughts. Feel free to
> shoot it down. :)

I had thought of choker but my understanding of choker was the reverse of an island in the center, where the islands are at the sides of the road and narrows the road to one lane in the center.

Like this:


This also matches with the osm wiki page.


More information about the Talk-au mailing list