[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 04:09:13 BST 2010

On 27 April 2010 10:53, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> Some whisper that they have seen a painted roundabout on the road, but whether
> this is a roundabout is not for us to know - according to the Road Rulez it
> ain't a roundabout.

and

> They are very rare, and perhaps we should draw them out as roundabouts anyway.

If they aren't roundabouts, then don't draw them out as roundabouts.
You can't have it both ways.

You're right about them being rare in Australia.  I can think of three
- and two of those are on private property (shopping centres) and I'm
not sure if the third is private or not - it's an industrial area, and
I'm pretty sure it's a painted roundabout because if it had an island
the trucks would have to drive over it anyway.  I have seen a few
more, but I can't remember exactly where.

Stephen