[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Thu Apr 29 15:23:17 BST 2010

> > If your sitting there tracing details from nearmap why not get it right first off there's no time limit, this is not a race, the data is more important than mappers convienience.

> That is only one opinion, in my opinion this is tagging things wrong
> because it doesn't render properly on mapnik, but that is just my
> opinion I'm not trying to pass it off as group think because someone
> wrote it up on the wiki...

It will render correctly on mapnik if you set up mapnik to do so.

What your proposing is tagging for the renderer, what I'm saying is collect the data then let the renderer or router work it out.

Your missing my point here, in that all the data needs to be collected so that the different renderers and routers can then do as they like with the data.  If you want garmin or mapnik to render the data as just a cross or t intersection even though its actually a roundabout then you can do so or vv.

We are collecting that data, not just making the map, so lets make it as accurate as possible.

--
Cheers
Ross