[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 20:11:04 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 1:13 AM, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com> wrote:

> http://www.4x4falcon.com/screenshots/josm_not_mini_roundabout_source_nearmap.jpg
> http://www.4x4falcon.com/screenshots/josm_not_mini_roundabout_source_nearmap_2.jpg
>
> Both were tagged as source=nearmap by the same user.

I don't know about everyone else, but I see the tagging there as a
pretty normal shortcut. I've done the same thing myself. New housing
developments often contain dozens of roundabouts. Better to tag them
as mini_roundabout than not to tag them at all. And since, in potlatch
at least, you can tag a mini_roundabout with one click and one
keypress ('r') — compared to probably at least a dozen clicks for a
full roundabout — it seems worth it.

> You'll also find it's "Offence Provison" under the road rules to drive across the center unless it is impractical to do so in the vehicle you are driving, eg semi-trailer.

Interesting. I wasn't actually thinking of driving across the centre,
but still news to me.

Steve