[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 00:12:14 BST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know I'm probably preaching to the converted but...
>
> I've been having a look at tagwatch and have noticed a massive increase in the number of mini roundabouts, in the past couple of months.
>
> Mind you I've replaced about 800 of them over the last week or too.

I'm guessing this is your work:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-37.907329&lon=145.107541&zoom=19

Why? Why would you do this?

1) They're clearly mini roundabouts. I go straight over them on my bike.
2) The roads you've mapped out don't even follow the aerial photos -
they cut across people's front lawns.
3) Why an octagon shape? Ugh. At least use the "tidy" function in JOSM
or Potlatch to make them circles.

My mind is blown that you would spend hours of your time doing this.
There are thousands of more productive things you could be doing. I
was about to start converting a couple into mini_roundabouts when I
suddenly twigged why they were there.

Sorry to rant, but...why...why...?

Steve