[talk-au] NSW Parish Maps

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 08:31:54 BST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Legality wise, I would only use maps that are "dated" as prior to 1960
> (which most are), but I still don't know if this passes all
> requirements (because they may not have been "published" until much
> later, I'm not sure).

According to http://www.copyright.org.au/g023.pdf "Artistic works"
where the government is the copyright holder lasts 50 years from the
year of making not when it was first published. So the printed maps
(but maybe not the handwritten amendments on top) should be in the
public domain.

Should I be asking legal-talk about if this is okay instead?