[talk-au] Dislike the new wiki skin?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 23:01:49 BST 2010

On 10 August 2010 07:54, 16 <Towalbyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just being evil-minded and petty; I wonder if this hint should be added
> (discretely) to, say, the Australian Tagging Guidelines. Might as well
> keep up the image of "them ignorant Southern Hemisphere hicks wot
> doesn't like to toe the line"?

I need to get a shirt printed with that on it!

> Incidentally, is it just me, or has there been a whole lot more
> "fiddling" with the wiki; and a whole lot less mapping data entry since
> the license cold war broke out? In a perverse moment yesterday I did a
> bit of a local test to find out the impact of removing nodes touched by
> people known to be anti-ODbL, and discovered that (for example) Ballina
> nearly completely disappears if you, me and Rosscoe's edits were
> removed, and renders Lismore more or less completely dependent upon
> Brenton (Biogenesis_). Amazing how fragile some areas are.

That's not an acurate way to view it, to do it properly you'd have to
filter through the entire change set history until you hit an editor
you want to exclude, rather than the last person to make a change.

Also I'm pretty sure that I'm not anti-ODBL, but I am anti-CT and anti-DBCL...