[talk-au] Deletion of Australian data

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 12:41:16 BST 2010

On 12 August 2010 21:28, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have I got this right or am I worrying too much?

It's unclear what will happen at this point, since no one has the
chance to actually disagree any more, although there was a thread
about what to do about people that aren't contactable.

The outcome was that it would be underhanded or shady to include their
data unless specific approval was given, regardless of the actual
legal options. Wikimedia relicensed their data in a shady legal tactic
and many seem to be still upset about it.

As for removing data, it wouldn't be that simple, you would have to
follow the historical changesets until you hit an editor that hasn't
agreed, at which point you can no longer update that particular data
any further.