[talk-au] CrisisCamp Pakistan Floods, Sydney (4-5 Sept)

Shoaib Burq saburq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 06:47:41 BST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry if you have already gotten this via the Aust-NZ OSGeo list.

Thought some of you maybe interested in coming along and helping out
at the CrisisCamp being organized at UNSW Sydney on the weekend of 4-5
Sept.

An enterprising team of volunteers and organisational supporters such
as Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) and Center for Innovation and
Entrepreneurship (CIE) at the University of New South Wales, and
Drumbeat, an open web initiative of the Mozilla Foundation and the
World Bank  are coming together on the weekend of September 4-5, 2010
in CrisisCamp in Sydney, Australia.

We will help find, organize and share spatial information for relief
agencies in Pakistan via open source platforms such as Sahana,
OpenStreetMap and Ushahidi:

Please come along if you have:
1 mapping experience or
2 can code/program or
3 can research for information on the internet or
4. speak local Pakistani languages or
5. are familiar with the geography of Pakistan or
6. generally understand disaster response
7. can blog about events

More details at http://pkfloods-sydney.eventbrite.com/

To help us organize the catering please register at:
http://pkfloods-sydney.eventbrite.com/

Feel free to share the event details amongst your contacts. If you
have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me or Vicky

Shoaib Burq
Skype:       spatialgoat
Twitter:      http://twitter.com/sabman

Vicky Pinpin-Feinstein