[talk-au] FYI I removed a whole bunch on nodes where ways existed for the same object.

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:47:16 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com> wrote:
> The original disscussion was more than 12 months ago so not sure where you would find it now.

If it was 1 year ago, maybe those renders and searches have been fixed by now?

The OSM Mapnik style used on the main page renders names on the way
(so we see duplicate names).

Nominatim on the main page picks up both the way name and node name,
hence the same object is listed twice in the results list.

Osmarender appears to render the way name, but not the node name
(which is okay because deleting the node won't change anything here).