[talk-au] a local data compilation ruling that may be of interest

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Dec 20 08:39:48 GMT 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:53:20 +1100
Jim Croft <jim.croft at gmail.com> wrote:

> or not...
>
> http://minterstmt.blogspot.com/2010/12/no-copyright-in-white-and-yellow-pages.html
>
> jim

Interesting.
Not considered is the possibility that the people working as
contractors for Telstra (as I recall they were/are not employees)
retained any copyright over what they collected.
Certainly the compilation of the facts/data is not subject to
copyright, "sweat of the brow" does not bring copyright, but no light
is shed on the intelligent effort involved in "how do I tag this
object?" including when new tags are proposed and used.