[talk-au] "airports" import

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Dec 28 09:21:49 GMT 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:53:20 +1100
Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Liz,
>   The airport import has been discussed on OSM-talk - see "Massive
> import of airports" thread. If the imported data represents genuine
> airstrips, then it sounds like they belong in OSM, but perhaps with
> different tags. Maybe "xxx airstrip" rather than "xxx airport".
>
> PS Would you mind toning down the inflammatory language?
> "Crazy"..."trash"...etc. Let's keep it friendly.
>
> Steve
>
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net>
> wrote:
> > someone from somewhere else in the world has imported "airports"
> > from some crazy list.
> > I went looking for some way off the beaten track places in NWQ
> > only to find
> > Kamileroi Airport
> > Lorraine Airport
> > Gregory Downs Airport
> >
> > which are all station / homestead airstrips
> >
> > Is someone bored enough to remove this trash import from Au ?

I've read the talk discussion
The licence of the import was discussed
Very little discussion about the use of the import at all.
We have a set of rules or guidelines about importing stuff
and all of them have been violated by this import
not discussed in advance
global import without checking with other parties
licence is doubtful, stated PD but is copied from elsewhere

actual points are off (because they are calculated??) so its as bad as
trying to chase down those rogue BP service stations that were found up
to 33km from home.

I still find "crazy" and "trash" are appropriate.