[talk-au] Canberra - last white spot on the map

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:12:44 GMT 2010

> Can we document on the wiki which is Operator and which is Name
> (for Australia) because I never found it to make sense
> I suspect Operator is the franchise name - am I right?

IMHO, Operator should act like a controlled vocabulary with a small
number of choices. For ATMs, for example, Operator means
"Commonwealth" or "NAB", to help people identify ATMs where they don't
have to pay fees. Service station operators likewise should be a small
list of either "BP", "Caltex" etc. I don't know if that was the
original intention of the operator tag, but it is a useful application
of it.

Steve