[talk-au] Canberra - last white spot on the map

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 05:43:32 GMT 2010

On 7 February 2010 15:33, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> They have 4c coles voucher plus 4c instore, however last time I
> travelled past they didnt pass on the ethanol rebate.  You can spot
> those who pass on the ethanol rebate, as the ethanol fuel is cheaper
> than regular unleaded.

Even if a place offers the correct fuel pricing, that doesn't mean it
will be cheaper than a place near by so I'd say fuel pricing is better
done through http://www.osmfuel.org, although their website could be a
little better.

> Also, as I mentioned in an earlier email, you also come across issues
> with stores being co-branded but not necessarily accepting the brands
> gift vouchers and/or discounts, for example ampol/caltex both accept
> starcard payments, but only caltex-woolworths cobranded outlets accept a
> wish giftcard.

The co-branded is almost a non-issue if things are tagged correctly,
eg name=Woolworths Petrol <suburb>, operator=Caltex won't accept
starcard, and vice versa.