[talk-au] Canberra - last white spot on the map

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Sun Feb 7 10:19:54 GMT 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 15:43 +1000, John Smith wrote:
> On 7 February 2010 15:33, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> > They have 4c coles voucher plus 4c instore, however last time I
> > travelled past they didnt pass on the ethanol rebate.  You can spot
> > those who pass on the ethanol rebate, as the ethanol fuel is cheaper
> > than regular unleaded.
>
> Even if a place offers the correct fuel pricing, that doesn't mean it
> will be cheaper than a place near by so I'd say fuel pricing is better
> done through http://www.osmfuel.org, although their website could be a
> little better.

Well, this isnt so much a fuel pricing issue.  This is a 'fuel costs x,
premium costs x+a and ethanol costs x-b'.  All servos charge the extra
for premium but not all pass on the government subsidy of ethanol.  As
you say it wont mean its cheaper than a place nearby, but it does mean
if all fuel in one area is the same base rate, you know which ones
charge less for ethanol and which ones dont.