[talk-au] Suburb boundaries

Arie Paap wildmyron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:13:38 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, John Smith wrote:
>> On 10 February 2010 19:35, Arie Paap <wildmyron at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Anyone have suggestions how to recreate the relations which have been
>> > deleted? I can manually put back most of the information but the
>>
>> Are you sure the relation has been deleted?
>>
>> I've noticed a lot of suburb relations damaged by people merging and
>> combining things they shouldn't but the suburb relation still exists
>> and just needs fixing.
>>

> Merkaartor has a feature where you can view or not view relations and might
> help you decide if there is any left which can be salvaged
> Or would you like to give examples for others to check?

I haven't used Merkaartor but I presume it presents relations in a way
similar to JOSM which is what I've been using. The specific example
I'm looking at is Hamersley, see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-31.8482&lon=115.8269&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF
 Balga and Warwick are right next door and are also a bit of a mess
(in fact there's duplicate relations for those two).

None of the boundaries for Hamersley are in a relation with that
suburb name and what really made me think it's been deleted is that
http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/relation[name=Hamersley]
comes back empty.

Arie.