[talk-au] Suburb boundaries

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:26:27 GMT 2010

On 16 February 2010 17:32, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope you mean that *editors* should be improved to help prevent
> these accidents? (which I think is an excellent idea)

Considering the types of editing wars that could happen over
international borders, I wasn't suggesting anything about editors, it
only takes one editor that allows a free for all and this is a
pointless exercise for the most part...

> ...as opposed to the suggestion of appointing an authority to hand out
> various levels of editing authorisation (which I think is crazy).

Actually I wasn't suggesting anything about an authority, just
limiting what new accounts can do, although with the option of
allowing new accounts to do this as well, remember this is suppose to
be a deterent, not actually stop someone with appropriate skill level
from doing anything. Anyone suitably determined won't be stopped by
something like this.