[talk-au] tennis court land

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 07:56:05 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How are there any privacy issues when you can see those same pools on
> aerial imagery?

I'm not sure........ but being traced and annotated makes it much
*easier* for people to retrieve information about your private
property (e.g. through an API call).

You could thus argue that making it *easier* for someone to access
your information constitutes an erosion of privacy.

Interesting... makes me wonder if I'd be ok with someone mapping the
vehicles I have parked in my driveway, etc. etc. I can imagine an API
call for car=porsche + alarm=no OR windows=down, etc... :P (maybe just
need a *little* more nearmap res for that...)