[talk-au] tennis court land

James Andrewartha trs80 at student.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 18:23:57 GMT 2010

On 22 February 2010 17:43, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, David Murn wrote:
>> No, what Im say(ing) is, Im unsure if theres a privacy issue, and asking
>> for others opinions or if theres any precedents to follow (other than
>> the court cases brought against google for invasion of privacy).
>>
>> If I was saying we shouldnt be doing street addressing, why would I have
>> said 'I can see both sides, but am interested in others opinions'?
>>
> I'm concerned about marking what are actual terrorist targets (not the media
> frenzy type terrorists who are at airports)
> telephone exchange, communications tower, power lines
> things not usually well mapped in commercial offerings but which if destroyed
> cause havoc without large numbers of fatalities

A Perth street map I have has the path of the Dampier-Bunbury gas
pipeline mapped. Now that's a clear target and isn't even readily
visible in real life, but there doesn't seem to be a problem with it
being mapped. So I don't think it's something we need to worry about.
The locations of telephone exchanges are widely available, people use
them to work out how fast their ADSL should be.

James Andrewartha.