[talk-au] tennis court land

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Tue Feb 23 01:15:39 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 08:20 +1100, Steve Bennett wrote:

> Personally I don't think it's reasonable to map anything on a
> residential property, particularly not anything that can't be seen
> from the street.

Because, people in the air could be helped by being able to reference
pools, power lines or tennis courts?  Everyone using OSM isnt
automatically at street-level.  I imagine for example a farmer who owns
a large property would be interested to know the exact location of the
powerline towers on their block, to help plan things like irrigation or
where to put crops.

Ive started mapping a few large pools and powerlines anyway, so Ill see
what comes of it.  My basic rule has been if the pool is visible from
the air, Ill map it.  Some people have pools under canopys and so on,
but as these arent much use for either navigation or firefighting I
havent bothered to map them.

> I'm not sure why lakeboy did all this, but my preference would be to
> tag it these private tennis courts in such a way that they won't
> render in mapnik etc.

'Tagging for the renderer' comes to mind here.

David