[talk-au] tennis court land

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 05:19:51 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Personally I don't think it's reasonable to map anything on a
> residential property"
>
> What about....
>
> 1) The number on the letter box
> 2) A power pole that happens to be present on a private block
> 3) The roofline (as in a building object)
> 4) Standing water - as a help for emergency services or refuge in case of
> fire
> 5) A beware of the dog sign
> 6) A fire bunker
> 7) A safe house sign

That's what you get when you misquote someone. Not sure if you did it
deliberately, but the second half of my sentence focused my point on
stuff that can't be seen from the street.

Maybe you're right about things that serve particular purposes in
emergencies, but I think mapping private swimming pools is pretty
borderline. Yeah, perhaps there's an argument for a "there is a source
of water for firefighting here" tag, but you don't need to map its
precise location and shape for that. That feels like a privacy
violation.

Steve