[talk-au] local chapter stuff
henk.hoff at osmfoundation.org
Tue Feb 23 21:14:41 GMT 2010
It may be good to give also an update on the whole chapters thingy on this
First: the draft agreement you've been referring to is of the table. We had
a good discussion within the OSMF board about the organizational structure
of the Foundation. We concluded that this agreement did not fit nicely into
our thoughts of where we're heading with the Foundation.
So what are we working on now. Some highlights:
- LC is a separate entity and has it's own membership scheme.
- LC members are not official members of the Foundation (and can therefore
not vote on Foundation matters)
- LC is basically the representative of OSM in it's country/region
- Foundation is official publisher of the OSM database and licensee of the
- Foundation may (!) check on the books etc in order to check whether the LC
is not doing anything that could hurt the name and fame of OSM or the
- LC may use the name and logo of OSM
Hope this gives some clarity on the current situation with Local Chapters.
2010/2/20 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>
> On 20 February 2010 12:47, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> > I wrote a note about this draft, decided it could be libellous and
> > posted it publically.
> It's only libelous if unfounded...
> > I'll merely say that if they are the terms, I wouldn't be able to join
> > local chapter.
> This is why I've decided to pursue a local entity, rather than a local
> chapter, I wouldn't join one either.
> Talk-au mailing list
> Talk-au at openstreetmap.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-au