[talk-au] Hiking tracks: foot=yes or foot=designated?

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Sat Feb 27 23:40:28 GMT 2010

Steve Bennett wrote:

> Australia does not have any kind of international, national, or
> regional trail network as far as I know, so it's totally moot.

Perhaps we can just agree that we differ?

I support international uniformity in standards unless there's a very
good reason to do otherwise.  I suppose that's partly due to my spending
the last 15 years of my working life as an analyst/programmer with the
international search & rescue community.  In so many ways (both critical
and trivial), I've seen the positive benefits of falling into line, and
the negative consequences of failing to do so.

You're not going to convince me that Australia should go it's own way
without mounting a stronger case.  That's not to say that in general I
won't follow the standards adopted within Australia.

John H