[talk-au] Mapping road closures...

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 07:42:00 GMT 2010

I was thinking about this last night as well, as we were trying to
navigate the nightmare of Sydney road closures.

I suspect the roads that are closed each year (and even more likely
each event) will be different. So, I cam to the conclusion that the
best way of handling this was as some sort of  data patch with a
start/end time that gets applied in the routing software.

>From this I see two challenges - a format to represent the data, and
an editor that makes it easy to create

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking last night how it might be useful to mark in common
> roads that are closed, and the events, eg roads commonly closed off
> before new years eve etc...
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to do this?

Franc