[talk-au] Alcohol Free Zones

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 12:23:04 GMT 2010

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Craig Feuerherdt <
craigfeuerherdt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know Bendigo has an 'alcohol free zone' which would be useful to capture.
> Initial thoughts are that it is best represented as a relation, made up of
> the ways (roads etc) that form the outer boundary. Just need to define a new
> relation 'type' (Alcohol Free Zone) and 'restriction' (alcohol?). Start/end
> times may also be a consideration in some places as well. And then, of
> course, there is the rendering.

Why not just an "area=yes" closed way, that overlaps other ways where
appropriate? Most of the edges of the zone will probably be existing ways,
like roads and parks, as noticed, but is that always the case? What's the
benefit of a relation rather than an area...I guess the fact that you can
have a multipolygon?

Steve