[talk-au] Victorian routes

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 20:22:46 GMT 2010

2010/1/5 Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:56 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Any idea if/how/where to get this info for other states?
>
> For QLD, a quick search suggests perhaps these sites, as a start:

The reason I ask is someone mentioned the info was from an internal document...

> http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au/en/Driving-in-Queensland.aspx
> (includes "Guide to Queensland Roads" and "Points of interest files")
> http://www.qldmotorways.com.au/ontheroad/ournetwork/maps.aspx (links
> to maps of Brisbane motorways with labelled on/offramps, and a map of
> the "Australian Toll Road Network")

Maybe it's wrong of me to assume that most of the major ways in
Brisbane would have been done to death, but now that I think about it
I don't think all the exits are tagged etc..

> Note: A quick search didn't turn up nice csv files (but they may be in
> there somewhere), and I'm not sure about licensing.

Not sure that CSV would be the best format for this kind of thing,
considering how complex the information could be.