[talk-au] How to tag winery cellar doors.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 05:27:22 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:

> I could well imagine a truck driver being sent to pick up materials from
> an industrial area and needing suitable maps.  While the 'nearest
> steelworks' idea wouldnt really happen, I think a truck driver would
> make use of routing directions to xyz steelworks or a Shell fuel depot
> or similar.

Yes, we should label businesses. That's different from describing the type
of industry.

Roy:
>OSM isn't just about routing for drivers. Capture the world in a
>database, and the use cases will follow.

You're *still* trying to convince me of this? Give it up, Roy. I'm mapping
for the present, and for the forseeable future, not the dim distant
vapourware future. If you're happy throwing data into a database in the hope
that one day software will materialise that will make sense of it, more
power to you. I'm not interested in doing things that way. I just don't
believe things work that way. Sorry. Please do not try and convince me
otherwise.

Steve