[talk-au] Australian Standard 1743

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 04:39:03 GMT 2010

2010/1/12 Luke Woolley <lswoolley at gmail.com>:
> This is from Chapter 10: Colours. Unfortunately, I do not appear to
> have access to AS2700 documents, which must be purchased separately.

I came across this PDF on google:

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/34691/SS10_Road_Signs_01_00.pdf

10.04.2 Retroreflective Material for Backgrounds, Legends, Symbols and
        Borders
Colours specified for retro-reflective materials are based on those
shown in Appendix C of AS 1743.

10.04.3 Non-Reflective Material

Where white is specified for tourist route signs, it shall be White
Class 1 retro-reflective material as shown in
Appendix C of AS 1743.

10.04.4 Fluorescent Material
Fluorescent material used for sign faces shall be Red-Orange vinyl
sheeting or approved equivalent in accordance
with the relevant Australian or British Standard specification and as
shown in Appendix D of AS 1743.