[talk-au] Mapping interchanges levels or turn restrictions

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 08:07:25 GMT 2010

2010/1/12 Roy Rankin <rrankin at ihug.com.au>:
> The example I gave was a simplification to demonstrate the issues. From
> Johns response I did realize I had gotten the directions which I assumed
> is why it did not make sense to him.  If you want to visualize the
> situation look at the link I supplied
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-33.82907&lon=151.21494&zoom=17&layers=0B00FTF
> ) and consider east bound traffic on Falcon Street turning right to go

Only a couple of common sense things, cars normally don't make turns >
90 degrees, so you generally don't need turning restirctions in this
cases.

Secondly, I don't think it looks legal for cars to go straight if they
are coming off the motorway as is the case with way IDs #47063022 and
#47063028, the arrows indicate turning only.

Simply setting most of those turns to be one way will be sufficient
for routing (and humans for that matter) to figure it out.

I saw plenty of these types of over passes in the US, if you want
inspiration look there. eg:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=40.10907&lon=-83.09151&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF