[talk-au] Incorrect entry to BP service station

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Tue Jan 12 23:04:29 GMT 2010

Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the routing software has to approximate the target node with some
> other node that *is* connected... and if the router does this
> approximation sub-optimally, this is a problem with the router, right?

How can it possibly know? This is garbage in, garbage out. When asked an
impossible question, the answer is gibberish. The router has no way of
knowing that the node is connected to two nearby ways rather than just
the nearest, which is the approximation I'd expect.

Service roads seem like the perfect solution: They're unabiguous and
exactly correct. Trying to drive or route to disconnected nodes is
nonsensical.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au