[talk-au] Incorrect entry to BP service station

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 01:59:55 GMT 2010

2010/1/13 Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com>:
> Good question. I'm not sure. OSM's data should at least include 1)
> service roads (to decrease the distance between the POI and the
> nearest road, which should decrease ambiguity), and 2) entrances (to
> resolve ambiguity in the case of more than one very close roads).

The point of the highway=service is to map what's on the ground, not
just to decrease the distance, as I said before some of these are one
way so this is valuable information.

> On a related issue.... re: 2), in the case of multiple businesses
> sharing a building (e.g. a typical AU shopping centre with entrances
> on the outside of the building), is it advisable to place a POI node

This is micro mapping, some people have already come up with some
interesting way to map indoors, I just wish I could get my head round
the math needed to utilise an accelerometer and GPS in combination for
when GPS degrades...