[talk-au] Alcohol Free / Prohibited Zones

cam_daw at fastmail.fm cam_daw at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 14 13:06:54 GMT 2010

I decided tonight I might try and play around with alcohol-free zones
using a few relations using North Sydney as an example.

Alcohol free: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/384684
Alcohol prohibited: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/384683
("View relation on larger map" makes for better viewing pleasure)

I'm sure my way of doing it is probably full of wrong things, such as
relation type (it's multipolygon, because the Bowling club and the
cricket Stands at St Leonards park are allowed alcohol, just not outside
these establishments inside the park).
As well as sub-optimal tags.

Essentially:-
Alcohol free = don't drink / carry unsealed alcohol
Alcohol prohibited = no alcohol at all allowed even if sealed

I temporarily tried giving the relations a name, but that seems to give
ways and closed ways (areas) the name of the relation in addition to its
own name.
- Hence I just gave it a note field instead.

As always, suggestions are welcome :)

  cam_daw at fastmail.fm

                          or over the web