[talk-au] OSM in Haiti

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:04:31 GMT 2010

2010/1/15  <edodd at billiau.net>:
> 1. mapping does exist in the first place which is stored off-site (ie
> internationally)

Yes, but up to date imagery gives allows us to create up to date maps,
which gives emergency services better information so they can come up
with better plans to deal with disasters and better plan distribution
of aid relief etc.

> 2. it is assumed that us noisy b*s can do this anyway.

I wasn't only thinking about labour, but also getting imagery on
humanitarian basis so that emergency services can get up to date maps
etc.