[talk-au] downloaded routable garmin maps

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:23:46 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> i've been playing with my oregon
> updated the software to latest
> downloaded the maps from osmaustralia.org
> found that qlandkartegt will not load the routable maps
> found that now one can load maps called something else than gmapsupp.img onto
> the new garmin
> loaded all the unzipped maps
> and my armchair routing works (no, i did not pay garmin for any maps, this is
> the osm data)

That was a beautiful haiku :) I think you're saying "OSM is great, you
can easily download routable maps of Australia and load them onto
recent Garmin GPS, just go to www.osmaustralia.org". If so, yes! It's
true. It works very well. The cycling maps are particularly cool, as
they make bike paths more prominent than roads.

Steve