[talk-au] How to tag a church without its own building

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Mon Jul 5 09:52:03 BST 2010

Quoting John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:

> On 5 July 2010 17:39, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only reason you gave against creating multiple nodes was you
>> didn't like it. Seems fine to me. Especially since the church and
>> school in this case are not really co-located: the centre of the
>
> There is no church, they're using a school hall for church based
> activities...

Depends on the definition of church. If you mean 'building with pointy
roof' then no (although some church buildings don't have pointy
roofs). If you mean the congregation then yes. Depends on what the map
is being used for - if  (for example) someone is looking for a place
to attend a church meeting on a GPS, then it makes sense to appear,
the question becomes how best to tag it.

I've just posted a message to the tagging list, in case someone there
has come across a similar situation.

Mark P.