[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-talk] That license change link

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 11:58:41 BST 2010

On 8 July 2010 20:52, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> But to get back to the point of your question about the percentage
> required for changeover.  Do you have a preference or suggestion for
> percentage of contributors and or percentage of data that would be
> right for the changeover?

First and foremost, I mean no disrespect to anyone at all with my
comments, we're all bias and we all have agendas, in my case loosing a
large amount of aussie data due to license incompatibility goes
against my agenda to expand aussie data.

However it's slightly discouraging that there is no fixed targets, we
don't have anything to aim for, and someone some where could get a bit
jumpy tomorrow and decide 50% is now good enough, when most people
might consider 80% or 90% to be a better option.

In any case there is no way I would agree to the new license tomorrow,
not because I disagree with the license, but simply because the new
TCs go against my interests...