[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-talk] That license change link

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Jul 8 14:30:37 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Richard Weait wrote:
>> But to get back to the point of your question about the percentage
>> required for changeover.  Do you have a preference or suggestion for
>> percentage of contributors and or percentage of data that would be
>> right for the changeover?
>
> I find the notion of voting for or against a changeover without these targets
> being defined quite wrong.

And yet you haven't suggested what you think would be an acceptable
target.  I don't mean to pick on you, others haven't stepped up to
suggest the bright line limit either.  But really, if it is important
to you to have a bright line, why not suggest one?  Now a method to
measure it would be good too.

Simple percentage of contributors might be too limiting as a bright
line as contributions follow a long tail.
See the lowest graph on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Stats