[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-talk] That license change link

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 15:02:29 BST 2010

On 8 July 2010 23:30, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> Simple percentage of contributors might be too limiting as a bright
> line as contributions follow a long tail.
> See the lowest graph on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Stats

I wouldn't do it on percentage of contributors, since the majority of
contributors never contribute anything.

Instead I would do it based on percentages of contributions, while
there is a lot of user contributing some changes, there is a limited
number contributing most changes.

If you want suggestions on numbers, I would suggest no less than 90%
of data contributed, I'm guessing this will be about 5-10% of users.