[talk-au] Nearmap coverage plan

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 06:02:56 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Ben Kelley <ben.kelley at gmail.com> wrote:
> That said, having had a look at the new coverage in the Hunter Valley, there
> is a huge amount of detail you can get from Nearmap that would be
> practically impossible with surveying.

I've also been finding the opposite. It's almost impossible to follow
a signposted walking track from Nearmap. Even when you have a fair
idea where the track goes, there are all kinds of red herrings that
look just as visible from the air. Not to mention the difficulty of
even seeing singletrack through dense bush.

All of which gives me a strange sense of pleasure, and more motivation
to go out and map. It just means that my surveying efforts will be
very much focused on this kind of thing, rather than roads, towns etc.

Steve