[talk-au] [OSM-talk] Murray River Shared nodes between non-routable objects?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 03:33:18 BST 2010

On 18 July 2010 12:10, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com> wrote:
> The admin boundaries don't get moved with road/railway realignment and therefore without change from the original source we should not be moving them.  So if they are not connected to railways/roads etc then errors will not be introduced.

In this case we know where the Murray River and the border is through
various people reading lots of information on the NSW/Vic border court
judgments, in general the border does move with the river, but not
always, but this is the exception and without reading a ton of legal
precedents.

I agree 100% with you it would be much easier long term to keep them
split, if for no other reason that all the borders could then be
replaced with better information in future without effecting anything
else.