[talk-au] Mapping a blank spot

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:21:37 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just want more people to contribute maxspeed information to make
> routing more useful, and if people see maxspeed tags everywhere I was
> hoping they'd either fix them if wrong, or add them to non-residential
> streets...

Fwiw, I think it was probably a good idea to do this.

Adding maxspeed information is one of the most tedious tasks possible
though. Even on roads I know well I find it hard to do from memory,
and frequently the two sides of the road are a bit out of sync.

Btw, if anyone knows the Calder Highway, I noticed recently that
outbound it's 80 kph for a very long section (to about Calder Park)
while 100 kph in-bound. Very odd. Anyone know the story?

Steve