[talk-au] Wagga Wagga Airport

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Fri Jul 23 06:13:33 BST 2010

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:39:05 +1000
Babstar <babstar99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 1:46 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > It looks like it's half a military airfield and half a commercial
> > airport and I've sort of split it up with a couple of relations but
> > I'm not entirely sure what I've done accurately describes the
> > situation.
> >
> > Is anyone familiar with Wagga airport able to comment further on the
> > situation?
> >

> Check out this link:
> http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/ersa/FAC_YSWG_3-Jun-2010.pdf
>  it may give you some more guidance.
>
> --
> Babstar

Not really usable as they are copyright.

The airport is joint RAAF civil, when I worked there in 1986 the division was the edge of the apron between the control tower building and the hangars so what you have is fairly close.

Other comments on this (and it's probably more of a limitation of osm) is that not all that you have marked as taxiways are.  When the lines you've marked as taxiways cross onto an apron then the taxiway ends there so at the main apron from the yellow and red line where taxi 'C' crosses that is no longer a taxiway.  Likewise where it continues onto the military apron.

Also the filet lines onto the runway are not taxiways there only guidance lines the taxiways there join like a t intersection with no link roads.

--
Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com>