[talk-au] Electoral boundaries...

Simon Biber simonbiber at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 28 09:35:22 BST 2010

James Andrewartha <trs80 at student.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> Each state is done once every seven years, that doesn't seem overly frequent to
>me.

In my experience electoral redistributions happen after every election (4 years
apart).

A little research shows that in my state, South Australia, members of the House
of Assembly face re-election approximately every  four years, and that electoral
boundaries are adjusted after each election.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Australian_Electoral_Districts

A little more research and it seems that in your state, Western Australia, the
members of the Legislative Assembly are elected for four-year terms, and changes
to electoral boundaries happen after every state general election in the
Legislative Assembly.

Source:
http://www.boundarieswa.com/upload/Where%20will%20you%20be%20in%202009_v4.pdf

Is that not right?