[talk-au] Direction of flow, rivers and streams

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Jul 28 10:09:40 BST 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, John Henderson wrote:
> I note the wiki says that "Direction of the way should be downstream."
>
> Most streams I look at on OSM have been drawn uphill, and I've been
> reversing the direction of ones I notice as wrong.  Indeed, I find it
> more natural to draw streams that way myself, and then reverse them.
>
> This is just to point out the direction issue to those who may have
> missed it.
>
> John H

I know that seems eminently sensible
but i live in a place so flat that streams do flow in either direction
which way will I map those?

I'm thoroughly guilty of starting the trace at the big end of the river and
following it upstream off landsat imagery.
If you wish to reverse the directions feel free but when some of the rivers
hardly flow, I find the need to define the flow is little